Wednesday, October 31, 2007

SHOW-OFF AGAIN


What did I do recently? Fooling around? No...

As a planner, no one wants to see the gantry collides with patient. I know there are several ways to figure out what kind of combination of gantry and couch angles will have collisions. Most people rely on their own experience, but I don't have a lot of experience. Some people just do a test run, but I may not be able to get the machine all the time. Someone use some math to predict the collision, but my math is not that good. So, I decide to build a virtual machine. There you go.

All the dimensions are measured from our 21EX machine. After you built it, you can rotate all the components just like a real machine.
I try to include all the details, like floor mark as shown above.

Even the screws on the collimator.

However, if you think that is all, I won't call it a show-off.

You even can import the patient CT images to build the virtual patient to see where you may get collision.


Is that cool??

I know TOMO may not have this collision issue. But if you want, I still can build a TOMO for you.

Am I sweet??

YABEE~~